Flowers

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Re-Store

Okay, so while my camera battery is charging, let me tell you about Re-Store.
Have you ever been to DI (Deseret Industries)?
or
Goodwill?
or
Salvation Army?
or any other second-hand store?
If you have, you understand how they work.  People donate gently-used items that they no longer need or use, and others get to benefit by paying less than they would if they were buying new
AND
it's "green". You know.....the "re-use" part of Reduce, Re-use, Recycle? ;)

Yes, my mother calls me a hippie......in the most affectionate of ways, of course.  But really, to me it's about stewardship.  God gave us this earth and everything on it, and basically told us to take care of it.  So RRR thing is just a way to express gratitude for the things I've been given.

ANYWAY....sorry about the mini-sermon. Teehee...

Ahem.....
Re-Store is run by Habitat for Humanity and sells reclaimed building materials. 
So what are you looking for? Some of those cool old windows that are oh-so-popular?
Gobs of cool old doors?
A full kitchen-worth of cabinets?

RE-STORE

Our local Re-Store is on 1300 S, just West of I-15.  If you want to find one near you, look here.  The next time I make a trip up there, I'll take some pics to show you some of the goodies they've got for YOUR next project.  Okay, so really MY next project. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment