Flowers

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

To-Do lists

I was reading yesterday's blog post at Young House Love and was excited to see that I'm not the only list-obsessed DIY-er. tee hee I have a very similar, LOOOOONG, fairly detailed list of projects to do around here.  Since my camera is not functional at the moment, I'm going to post "before" pics galore, along with a list for each space.  I don't want to seriously overwhelm you with the master list....it's 9 pages long, not nearly as detailed as it will yet be, and it doesn't include any outside projects.  That outside project list will be equally long because we have 1.17 (or 1.19....Handyman and I can't agree on who remembers correctly. hahaha....details. ;) )

Logically, I'll start with the first thing you'll see when you come into our home: the entry.


Right through that doorway is the music room.  We plan on opening up that doorway to double-door size.  Gotta make room for that future baby grand piano. ;)
 


You can't tell in this pic, but that banister is seriously on its last leg.  It moves a full 8 inches in BOTH directions!  We have a friend who does finish carpentry and after having him look at it, we now know that it was never installed correctly.  It has to be completely redone.  No biggie.  With 6 boys, we definitely want to beef it up.
 


Most of our main floor is open above the walls like this.  On the other side of the 2 walls on the left, is the kitchen.  On the other side of the wall on the right, is the family room.
 
Here's the list:
·         Entry TO DO:
o   Frame doors – new French door?
o   Bench & hooks for visitor coats & boots
o   Refinish mirror frame
o   Paint front door
o   Re-seal front door
o   Paint storm door
o   Re-purpose old door from Mom’s house
o   Build new banister
o   New lighting
o   Laminate flooring
o   Wainscoting
o   Large rug for most of entry
o   Large framed pics of kiddos
o   Tongue & Groove ceiling with large beams
o   Enlarge doorway to music room and re-trim
·         Entry DONE:
o   Repair and paint walls (I won't be able to upload pics till I replace my battery.  Maybe I'll put some cell phone pics on here, just for the heck of it.)
So, yah.....I only have the walls painted.  But that was a HUGE project.  So huge, that it will be its own post entirely.  There was a LOT of wall damage when we moved in.




No comments:

Post a Comment