Flowers

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Darn Pinterest!

4 days after Christmas, I had all my decorations put away and my house put back together.  When it was all done and vacuumed, I said, "It looks like we just moved in." with a smile on my face.  Then that smile turned into a frown.  It DID look like we'd just moved in: nothing on the mantel, nothing on the walls, the same-old plain blinds in the windows. 




Exciting, huh? *insert eye-roll here*  The things that are changing in here?  Ummmm......pretty much everything.  We moved in on Dec 29, 2010, and on Dec 29, 2011, it looked the same.  What happened to "feminine touch"?  I am the feminine touch in my family and I'm doing a lousy job.  I did a lousy job at the last 2 houses, too.  I must have, because the only "nice" decorative thing I have in my house was a gift!  I have all these ideas in my head, but I just can't seem to actually get them done.

Enter Pinterest.......I don't know whether to praise or curse!  I spend too much time there, first of all.....2nd of all, it's now a screaming-in-my-face fact that my house lacks character and does NOT feel like a home.  Time to pull out my feminine and see if I can touch some things up around here.  I've recently started a sewing business, so in the next few months I should start to have some "play money" to work with.  As always, the goal is to do it for as close to $0 as possible.  So the boys and I are going to do 1 cutesy project(that's what Handy Man calls them) each week for this year.  Today, we're making a Winter wreath for the front door.

This is the one:
http://twojunkchix.blogspot.com/2011/01/snowball-wreath.html

Obviously it won't be exactly the same and my door is still boring white. (That's on the project list for, oh let's say May, when it's warm.)  It just depends on what colors of yarn I have and what I can pick up today that might still be on clearance from Christmas.  We have a birthday boy tomorrow, so some of the boys need to go shopping today.  I'll post a pic when it's done!

No comments:

Post a Comment