Flowers

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Project #1......DONE!

In spite of everyone being sick, including myself, all week long......I finished project #1!  Yay me!  Handy Man used to tease me with chanting "completion, completion, completion" to encourage me to actually....wellllll......COMPLETE my projects.  So, here she is! 
I'm not exactly excited with how uneven the edges are and the bow isn't quite centered down there, but....I did it!  I didn't want to spend a ton of money, so I didn't use styrofoam balls underneath the yarn.  I have some, they were just too big and it actually took MORE yarn to cover them well than it did to just wind yarn balls.  I should have counted how many I did.  Whew!  There were a lot.  I did end up buying 2 more skeins of yarn (I used 3 that I had from who knows what project), and I bought clearance ornaments from WalMart.  3 pkgs of 4 for $.25 each and a pkg of 26 for $1.24 because they were 75% off!  I think I may go back and get some more ornaments for our tree.  It was kind of sparsely decorated this year.  Apparently the years with all these boys have found more than a few of our ornaments as casualties.  I also bought some silver ribbon.  I used 4 layers of cardboard cut out to a 16" circle and it's about 3 " wide.  I only looked at the pictures on their blog once and then just made it how I wanted it.  It would have been easier if all the balls had been the same size, if the wreath had been more like 2" wide, and if I wasn't such a perfectionist. ;)  Then I covered them with white duct tape that Beaver got for Christmas, then covered it again with 3" strips of white fabric that used to be a tablecloth.

So......
$2.33 for gray yarn
$2.33 for blue yarn
$1.99 for ornaments (which I still have about 20 left)
$.61 for silver ribbon
And the grand total is...

.....
........
...............
$7.26 for a super cute 18" Winter Wreath! 

Next week I'm making something like this:



A friend of mine in Cali did this a few years ago with all her kiddos coming home outfits.  I've been "going to" do this since then. *sigh*  They'll be a work in progress and all I'll be making next week is the actual shadow boxes.....6 of them.  Maybe I'll even do one for Handy Man and myself one day. Hmmmmm........

No comments:

Post a Comment